This is an interesting resource. Check out the 53 tricks.
After a few days of feeling like I wasn’t accomplishing anything with the wedding, I finally found the dress. I bought it right away and took it to my sister’s for safe keeping.
Next thing to buy — the ring.
I was pondering this question as I felt the sickness coming back as the day progressed. I’m training for a 10-mile run in May and a half marathon in June. Today I have to run an easy 2 miles but I feel awful. I found this test to help me figure out if I should run while I’m sick.
Looks like I’ll be on the treadmill 🙂
Since the engagement I’ve been planning the wedding every free moment I get. It’s tough to plan a wedding in three months, but certainly doable. What surprised me most about planning was the cost of venues and food. The moment you mention “wedding” prices increase significantly. What is the point of all this cost? Why are weddings so expensive? For example, $2,500 just to use a site, $75 per person to eat, and if you want to offer any alcohol the price can be ridiculous. A couple can easily drop $10,000 on a small, simple wedding with reception.
We changed our tactics and now we are getting some really good deals. We’re looking at non-typical venues and not mentioning “wedding.” As of Friday, we’ve made significant progress. We’ve chose a venue for the party we will through for our friends. On Sunday we’ll check out the ceremony site and officiant. And, on Wednesday I’ll get together with a friend about invitations.
2006 was my best year yet. A look back…
- January – I moved to Croatia to spend the last 5 months of Dinko’s compulsory civil service with him.
- February – Made a lot of new great friends in Croatia and started my language courses
- March – Trip to Venice, Italy! Finished my first 5K race in over 10 years!
- April – Trip to Pula, Croatia!
- May – Trip to Budapest, Hungary!
- June – I returned to the States!
- July – We spent a lot of time and money finally turning our condo into a home 🙂
- August – I was nominated to the Board of Directors of the IA Institute
- September – Road trip to Acadia National Park in Maine!
- October – We adopted Pablo!
- November – Dinko finished his first marathon in under 4 hours.
- December – Got engaged!
There are great things to come for 2007. It’s going to be a blast! Here’s just a few…
- Celebrating Shawn’s Birthday in Vegas
- Attending the IA Summit and planning the social events
- Getting married in March! Honeymoon in Alberta, Canada!
- Friends coming to visit from Croatia
- Visiting Chicago
- Running the Broad Street 10-mile run
Happy New Year everyone!